Quicken Software makes it quite convenient for its users to manage their personal finances. the software helps the users to track the record their personal expenses. However, many users have reported that while trying to open Quicken Software, they are getting an error message on the screen that says “Quicken Launcher has stopped working‘. This error will cause an issue and won’t let you access the Quicken Software. Hence, you need to take some quick actions to troubleshoot this error.
The Quicken Launcher has stopped working error generally occurs because of some configuration issue in your device. Hence, you can fix this issue to resolve the error quickly. If you have got this error and need to know how to fix this issue then read this article till the end. We have mentioned the issues that lead to this error along with some best available methods that can be used to troubleshoot this error.
What are the Causes Behind this Quicken Launcher Error?
We have mentioned above the basic reason that can cause this error. However, there are some other reasons also that can cause this Quicken Error. In order to prevent this error in the future, you must have a look at these.
- If the Micrsoft.NET framework file is missing or damaged then you might get this error.
- the Quicken Launcher has stopped working error can occur because of Compatibility issues in your device.
- The Quicken file icon has some compatibility issues.
- Issue while installing the Quicken Software can also cause this error.
- Limited access to the Quicken location files can also cause this error.
If you have encountered this quicken error then it can be because of the reasons mentioned above. In order to fix this error completely from your device, you have to make sure to resolve all these issues.
How to Troubleshoot Quicken Launcher Has Stopped Working Error?
This Quicken Error generally occurs when you try opening the Quicken Software. The “Quicken Launcher has stopped working” error message will be displayed on your screen. We have a team of experts who have prepared the best method that can help you in troubleshooting this error. Make sure to follow these steps in order to successfully resolve this error.
Sol: 1 Download Microsoft.NET Framework
The Microsoft.NET framework is required to successfully install and launch the Quicken Software. If you are getting this error because of the configuration issue with the Microsoft.NET framework then you can try downloading it and then install it in your device to fix this issue.
- Close all the running programs on your device and then open the browser.
- Now open the official website of Microsoft and then look for the Microsoft.NET framework component.
- while downloading the component, ensure that it is compatible with the desktop version you are using. If you have a 32-bit Windows operating system then downloaded a 32-bit Microsoft.NET framework for your device.
- Click on the download button and then save this file on your computer.
- after the downloads complete, go to the folder where the file is stored and then double-click on it to run the installation process.
- Complete the installation process and then try running the Quicken Software to check if the error has been resolved or not.
If you are using an outdated Quicken Version, then make sure to update the Quicken software to the latest release. this will successfully install the Microsoft.NET framework.
Sol: 2 Fix Compatibility Issues
Once the Microsoft.NET framework will be installed successfully, now you need to check if the error is still causing because of compatibility issues in your device. follow these steps to fix this issue.
- Close the Quicken Program and all the other programs on your device.
- go to the desktop screen and right-click on the Quicken icon and choose the properties option from the list.
- now go to the compatibility tab and then choose the option that says “run this program in compatibility mode”.
- a list of windows will be open on the screen. Choose Windows Vista from the available option.
- after completing this, unmark the “Run program in compatibility mode” checkbox and then click on Ok and apply to complete the process.
After successfully completing this, try starting the Quicken Software to check if the error still persists or not. If you are still getting this error then you might need to contact the professionals at Quicken. they will provide some advanced troubleshooting solutions to resolve this issue quickly.
Sol: 3 Quicken Folder Permission
If you have tried the above-mentioned methods but still getting this error then you might need to change the Quicken Folder permission to get this issue resolved. but before making these changes, make sure to login as an administrator.
- Go to the desktop screen and then press the windows+E key to open the windows to explore the screen.
- now go to the C:\drive and then locate the program files folder and open it.
- Now find the Quicken Folder and right-click on it.
- choose the properties option and then click on the Security tab.
- now click on the advanced option and then click on the change permission option.
- Change the access permission to full access and then click on OK.
- close the properties window and then close the windows explorer screen.
After completing this process, go to the Desktop screen and try opening the Quicken software to check if the error has been resolved or not.
So these are some of the Quick methods that you can use if you have got “Quicken Launcher has stopped working” issue. We have explained above the causes that can cause this error. You can try the troubleshooting methods we have mentioned above to get this issue resolved quickly.
while trying to connect with the Quicken cloud service, If you have got Quicken Cloud Sync error then you can try updating the Quicken Software to get this error resolved.