Quicken Software provides personal Accounting services and not to confuse quicken with Quickbooks, Quickbooks is for bigger accounting purposes, and its a completely different tool from Quicken. Quicken allows users to manage their personal expenses easily. It allows users to link their bank accounts within Quicken Software which makes it more convenient for the users to perform reconciliation. However, there are some instances where while downloading the bank transactions in Quicken, you might encounter Quicken Error Ol-221-A. There could be various reasons that can lead to this error like poor internet connection while connecting to the server or due to network issues in your bank. If the financial institution server is under maintenance then you might encounter this error. In that case, It is advisable to contact your bank to know about the status of the error. In Case, the error is not because of your bank server then it might be because of your network connection or because of some configuration issue of the browser.
In this article, We will discuss some quick methods that can help you in troubleshooting this error. We have also explained below the causes and effects that you will encounter during this error.
What are the Symptoms of Quicken Error Ol-221-A?
While working on Quicken Software, If you have encountered this error then you will encounter the following symptoms mentioned below:
- The Quicken Error Ol-221-A message will be displayed on the screen.
- while working on Quicken software, the program will crash suddenly.
- The computer will lag while working on the program.
- the computer will respond slowly and freeze while running the Quicken Software.
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above then you need to take quick measures in order to fix this error.
What Causes Quicken Error Ol-221-A?
In order to troubleshoot this error properly from your device, you need to make sure to fix all the issues that can cause this Quicken Error. Have a look at the causes that we have mentioned below:
- The bank account linked with the Quicken Software stops responding due to some network or server issues.
- Due to some network issues while Quicken Software tries to connect with the server.
- You might encounter this error due to some issues in your bank server.
- while trying to connect with the bank server, the bank stops responding to the quicken software.
How To Troubleshoot Quicken Error Ol-221-A?
As we have mentioned below, this Quicken error generally occurs due to a network issue or because of incorrect account information. We have a team of experts who have prepared these best troubleshooting solutions that can help you in resolving this quicken error quickly. You need to make sure to follow this error in the proper order to fix this error.
Sol: 1 Refresh Account Information
In order to successfully connect to the server, the Quicken Software requires the accurate login credentials of your bank account. Hence, You need to update the account details in Quicken Software to fix the error.
- Start the Quicken Software from your desktop by double-clicking on the icon.
- now go to the tools menu and then click on the search option.
- enter One-Step Update Summary and then press the enter key.
- Look for the account that is reporting this Quicken Error.
- Open the Quicken Account register window and open the account settings.
- Click on the Update Now button to complete the process.
After successfully updating the account information, restart the Quicken Software, and try downloading the bank transactions to check if the error has been resolved or not.
Sol: 2 Fix Network Connection Issue
In order to connect with the Intuit server, you require a good internet connection. In order to check this, try opening any website from your device to check if the internet is working properly or not. Go to your browser and open any recent website you have used. If it’s showing an error that says “Can’t connect to the network” then you might need to check your internet connection. In order to fix this error, you can try rebooting the router or check the network cables. remove the cables and connect them again properly to fix the issue. If the error still persists then you might need to connect your network provider to fix this error.
Sol:3 Temporary Disable Firewall Settings
The Quicken Software needs to connect with the server to connect with the Financial Institution. the Firewall in your device can block the connection while connecting to the server. Hence, You need to disable the firewall settings of your device for temporary and then try downloading the transaction from your bank account. If the error still persists then you might need to contact the professionals to resolve this error. it requires some advanced troubleshooting to fix this error.
Sol: 4 Re-Install Quicken Software
If you have tried the above method and still getting this error then you have to uninstall the Quicken Software from your device and then re-install it again to troubleshoot this error quickly. you can also use the Quicken Removal tool to completely remove the software from your device.
- Press the Windows key and enter the control panel in the search field and press enter.
- Click on Program and features and then select the quicken software from the list.
- now click on the uninstall/Change option and then follow the prompted instructions to uninstall the software from your device.
- Now open the browser and go to the official website of Intuit.
- Download the latest release of the Quicken Software and install it in your device.
- Setup your quicken account and link the financial Institution.
Sol: 5 Anti-Virus Scan
If this doesn’t resolve the issue then try performing a malware scan in your device to remove malicious files from your device. You can use an Anti-virus software to run the Malware scan. After completing the malware scan, restart the Quicken Software and check if the error has been resolved or not.
So these are some of the Quick Ways that you can use if you have encountered this Error. In case, You need any kind of assistance in order to fix this issue then you can get help from the experts. They are highly qualified to provide effective results to fix this error properly. if you have got “Quicken Launcher has stopped working” issue then try configuring the Microsoft.NET framework to fix this issue.